Virginia Beach Obstetrics and Gynecology stands in solidarity with the African American community in condemning all racism, injustice, health care disparities, and discrimination. The deaths of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, and countless others have brought to the surface longstanding social and systemic injustice and discrimination that have been ignored and swept under the rug for far too long. We want our patients and our community to know that we see you, we hear you and we stand with you. We are committed to recognizing bias within the community, health care and in ourselves and strive to provide the best health care for all of our patients. Our mature population has seen and lived through so much and they deserve access to proper health care, housing, food and to live without the stress of discrimination. We want all of the babies we deliver to grow up in a world of tolerance, love, justice, and equal access to health care, education, jobs, freedom of religion, freedom of orientation, and the freedom to feel safe in America. Discrimination will not be tolerated and we will use our platform to help eliminate these disparities.
Ultrasound Instructions for Transabdominal Ultrasound
Patient Instructions for Transabdominal Ultrasound
- Empty your bladder 1 1/2 hours prior to the appointment time.
- At ONE hour before the appointment, DRINK 24 OZ. of non-carbonated fluid, preferably water.
- Avoid carbonated beverages (these have gas bubbles that remain in the bowel which can interrupt the sound waves that are necessary to make the ultrasound picture).
- Finish drinking the fluid prior to checking in for the appointment.
- PLEASE, DO NOT urinate prior to the ultrasound exam. We may need your bladder full for the ultrasound exam.
- Take your regular medications.