TELEMEDICINECall us at 757-425-1600 to schedule your virtual appointment today!
Virginia Beach Obstetrics & Gynecology now offers video-based virtual visits so you can still receive care from the safety and comfort of your home. You can join your physician or nurse practitioner online over a secure video connection and receive the same quality care as you would receive in our office locations. Telemedicine is a great alternative for visits that do not require a physical exam like follow-up visits, reviewing lab and test results, consultations for contraception, infertility, preconception, and even problem visits, such as visits to address irregular bleeding, menopausal symptoms, hormone therapy, and post-operative visits.
Ultrasound Instructions for Transabdominal Ultrasound
Patient Instructions for Transabdominal Ultrasound
- Empty your bladder 1 1/2 hours prior to the appointment time.
- At ONE hour before the appointment, DRINK 24 OZ. of non-carbonated fluid, preferably water.
- Avoid carbonated beverages (these have gas bubbles that remain in the bowel which can interrupt the sound waves that are necessary to make the ultrasound picture).
- Finish drinking the fluid prior to checking in for the appointment.
- PLEASE, DO NOT urinate prior to the ultrasound exam. We may need your bladder full for the ultrasound exam.
- Take your regular medications.